Kerala has reported 5,754 and 49 deaths.
However, expressing concern over a new wave of COVID-19 cases in several districts of Rajasthan, Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot on Friday urged the Center to allow the booster dose of the vaccine. Reviewing cases of COVID-19 and seasonal illnesses at his official residence, Gehlot expressed concern over the increase in the number of positive coronavirus cases in some districts. The chief minister said he would write to Prime Minister Narendra Modi urging him to allow a booster dose of the vaccine.
Gehlot said that as booster shots were being administered in around 35 countries, there was a need for the Center to issue guidance on a similar provision in India in order to save people from a possible third wave. According to an official government statement, Gehlot called for the strict implementation of “testing, tracking and tracing” in view of the experiences obtained from the second wave and the nature of the virus, adding that it was necessary to stop the virus. ‘infection. at the primary stage.
Regarding seasonal illnesses, he called on relevant officials to focus on misting to prevent dengue and other mosquito-borne diseases. State Health Minister Raghu Sharma said that wherever positive COVID-19 cases are reported, movement of people should be restricted and the patient should be kept in isolation. He also ordered to increase testing in all districts.
Health Secretary Vaibhav Galriya said the number of active patients in the state had risen to 95. In light of this, instructions were given to increase sample collection to 25,000 per day.
On the other hand, the first known case of the coronavirus was not an accountant, who had no connection with the Wuhan seafood market as previously believed, but a seller who worked in that market, suggests. a new study. The first case of Covid-19 identified in Wuhan, China, and presented as such by the World Health Organization was actually days later than previously believed and at an animal market, said Thursday a senior scientist in the journal Science.
Rather than the original patient being a man who had never been to the Wuhan market where wild and domestic animals were sold, the first known case of Covid-19 turns out to have been a woman who had worked in the market , wrote virologist Michael Worobey. . For Worobey, this key information, and his analysis of other early cases of Covid-19 in the city, clearly tilts the scales towards the virus originating in an animal. In the absence of definitive evidence, the debate has raged among experts since the start of the pandemic nearly two years ago about the origin of the virus.
Worobey was one of some 15 experts who in mid-May published a column in Science demanding serious consideration of the thesis that the virus had leaked from a laboratory in Wuhan.
In the latter article, he argued that his research into the origin of the epidemic “provides strong evidence of a market origin in live animals from the pandemic.”
A criticism of the market theory was that because health authorities had alerted to cases of suspicious disease linked to the market as early as December 30, 2019, it would have introduced a bias that would have led to identifying more cases there than elsewhere. , since attention had already been drawn to it.
To counter this argument, Worobey analyzed the cases reported by two hospitals before the alert was raised.
These cases were also largely linked to the market, and those that were not were nonetheless geographically concentrated around it.
“In this city of 11 million people, half of the first cases are linked to a place the size of a football field,” Worobey told The New York Times.
“It becomes very difficult to explain this pattern if the epidemic has not started in the market.”
Another criticism of the theory was based on the fact that the first case identified was unrelated to the market.
But while the WHO report claimed the man initially identified as patient zero had been sick since December 8, he was in fact not sick until December 16, according to Worobey.
This deduction was based on a video interview he found, from a case described in a scientific article, and from a hospital medical record that matched the 41-year-old man.
That would mean the first reported case would be the woman who worked in the market, who fell ill on December 11.
Peter Daszak, a disease expert who was part of the WHO investigative team, said he was convinced by Worobey’s analysis. “That date of December 8 was a mistake,” he told The Times.
Read all Latest news, latest news and Coronavirus news here. follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Telegram.