Have you ever been to a typical North Indian restaurant and you haven’t seen Kadhai Paneer or Kadhai Chicken on the menu? We neither. The word “Kadhai” refers to a wok or heavy-bottomed saucepan, in which these dishes are made with heaps of ground spices and vegetables like onion, peppers, and tomatoes. It is thrown so many times with all the masalas that the dish often gets a nice reddish brown shade. Speaking of masalas, these dishes thrive on the uses of spices and the mixture of vegetables which are there not only for the flavor but also for their juiciness and crunch. You can add anything to this masala; chicken and paneer are usual suspects. You can also add mushrooms to this masala and have your own “ Kadhai mushroom ”. This recipe is ideal for a delicious lunch or dinner. You may have used mushrooms in your salads, omelets, and pasta – but its texture is such that it pairs really well with any kitchen.
(Also read: 11 Best Indian Lunch Recipes | Easy Indian Lunch Recipes)
How To Make Kadhai Mushrooms | Kadhai mushroom recipe:
1. In a frying pan, heat some oil, add the onions and the pepper. Sauté them together for 5 minutes.
2. Take out the vegetables, add the mushrooms to the pan and sauté for 5 minutes. Take them out
3. Add more oil to the pan and add the chopped onion, sauté until translucent.
4. Now add the ginger and garlic paste and sauté again.
5. Add the tomato puree and cook the mixture for 3 minutes.
6. Add salt, green peppers, cumin powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, red pepper powder, masala meat, garam masala. Mix everything well.
7. Add water and simmer for 5 minutes. Add the kastoori methi and cream and sauté.
8. Now add the fried onions, peppers and mushrooms. Mix everything well. Cook 3-4 minutes.
9. Serve hot with a garnish of freshly chopped cilantro leaves.
(Also read: 3 High Protein Indian Dinner Recipes You Can Try At Home Without A Drop Of Oil)
You can find the detailed recipe above. Pair it with rice or any bread of your choice and you’re good to go. Try this recipe at home today and let us know how you enjoyed it in the comments section below.
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a strong fondness for food, Sushmita enjoys everything tasty, cheesy and fatty. Her other favorite hobby activities other than discussing food include reading, watching movies, and watching TV shows.